Thursday 11 March 2010

New Cut-Out


I am working on a picture which combines methods I've used seprarately before: it is a cut-out in a deep frame, with four staggered layers. Previously when I have made these, I have made each layer a sillhouette, each cut from one sheet of card. This time I'm bringing collage and painting into it. Here are images of the two main layers on their own, and what all four look like put together at the moment.

I still need to work on the Pavilion, and one of the shop-fronts, as well as a few other little areas, before I can start putting this together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn,
    Raphael here, the artist who popped by on Sunday to buy the card of the dancer. You gave me your blogspot to look at. Really liked it, please keep in touch and add me to your mailing list.
    Best,
    Raphael

    raphaelpepper@hotmail.com
    www.raphaelpepper.com

    ReplyDelete